The SOUND ADVICE Encyclopedia of Voice-Over
SOUND ADVICE is the gold standard in voice-over.
So much so, we wrote the book on it!
Presenting the THIRD EDITION of The SOUND ADVICE Encyclopedia of Voice-Over & the Business of Being a Working Talent, the single most current, most thorough industry reference available anywhere!
We’re the gold standard in voice-over! So much so, we wrote the book on it!
More than 500 pages brimming with cutting-edge information and sound advice designed to assist every skill level of talent successfully navigate their careers.
Written by casting director, producer, and SOUND ADVICE founder Kate McClanaghan, The SOUND ADVICE Encyclopedia of Voice-over & the Business of Being a Working Talent is a completely objective approach to the industry. Our book is a comprehensive combination of more than twenty years of training better than 10,000 talent and producing well over 5,000 successful demos! Discover the most current industry insights gathered from continued survey of more than 12,000 casting and production professionals most likely to hire you as an actor and voiceover talent.
For a sample (abridged) chapter, Click Here.
Our expansive, no-nonsense reference includes:
- How to get (and keep) a talent agent
- How to effectively promote yourself and secure MORE work How to effectively promote yourself and secure MORE work
- Discover insider industry secrets
- Learn protocol regarding auditions, as well as during the recording session
- Find out how to collect your spots
- Discover demo production qualities that elude scores of established professionals
- Discover how to dramatically further your career regardless of your experience or skill level
- Determine your greatest professional attributes and dramatically expand your employment opportunities as a working talent (both on- and off-camera)
- Discover cutting-edge, yet simple technology that will dramatically propel your career forward
- Discover and define industry terms and phrases
- Follow our exclusive vocal warm-up created specifically to improve your skills, regardless of your skill level, expand your vocal range, improve your articulation and performance agility, and build your vocal stamina
- Plus, a great deal more!
If it pertains to voice-over, and becoming a working actor in America today, you’ll find it in The SOUND ADVICE Encyclopedia of Voice-over & the Business of Being a Working Talent!