I get it. You need a change of scenery. You need an escape that improves your mindset and FEEDS your imagination, and ultimately… yep, you guessed it, adds to your performance. If you’re like me, you’re looking for a welcome diversion, where, ideally, location plays a role.
1. A Room With A View (1985) (Netflix, Hulu, Prime)
2. Local Hero (1983) (Netflix, Prime)
3. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)(Prime, Netflix)
4. Amelie (2001) (Hulu, Netflix, Prime)
5. About Time (2013)(Netflix, Prime, Hulu)
6. Captain America: the First Avenger (2011)(Netflix, Hulu, Prime)
7. The Descendants (2011) (Hulu, Prime)
8. Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid (1969)(Prime, Hulu)
9. The Sting (1973)(Netflix, Hulu, Prime)
10. Captains’ Courageous (1937) (Hulu, Netflix, Prime) *NOTE: this is my favorite movie of all time. So, that’s saying something.
11. About Schmidt (Netflix, Prime)
12. Under The Tuscan Sun (Hulu, Netflix, Prime)
13. Scott Pilgrim Vs.the World (2010) (Netflix & HBO Now)
14. The Man Who Would Be King (1975) (Hulu, Prime, Netflix)
15. The World According to Garp (1982) (Netflix, Hulu, Prime)
Any one of these movies will take you on an adventure, and hopefully ease your soul a bit. Head someplace where you can appreciate a little vicarious R&R.
Copyright © 2020 by Kate McClanaghan. All Rights Reserved.